Courgette Tagliatelli with Lavistone Cheese
This is a lovely light vegetarian dish, with ribbons of blanched courgette and a light lemon and olive oil dressing
- 4 courgettes
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 150 g Lavistone or Emmenthal shavings
- Half fill a large pan with some salted water and bring to the boil. On the side, prepare a bowl of ice-cold water.
- In the meantime, rinse the courgettes, then using either a vegetable peeler or a mandolin, cut the courgettes into tagliatelli, do not remove the outer peel/skin.
- Blanch the tagliatelli, a little at a time for 1 minute in the boiling water. Remove from the boiling water and plunge into the iced cold water to stop the cooking process for 2 minutes then pat dry with some kitchen towel.
- Heat a large pan with 2 tbsp olive oil on high heat. Add the tagliatelle, garlic, sesame seed and zest of lemon and fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the mixture gently to combine then remove from the heat and drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Arrange on a plate and add shavings of Lavistone cheese.
- Serve immediately.