Traditional Custard Aga
Egg custard is a classic that everyone should be able to make, very simple, delicious and ready in no time.
- 250 ml milk or cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 g caster sugar
- ½ tbsp corn flour
- Place the milk and vanilla extract onto the saucepan, over the simmering stovetop and bring to a light boil.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar for 1 minute until thick then stir in the cornflour.
- Now pour the warm milk over the egg yolks mixture.
- Return the entire mixture to the saucepan and slowly cook over a gentle heat, stirring continuously until the egg custard starts to thicken and coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove immediately from the heat, pass through a fine sieve.
- Serve warm or cold.