Tomato and Gin soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 kg fresh tomatoes chopped
- 700 ml vegetable stock warm
- 50 ml Irish gin
- 2 tbsp cream or crème fraiche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch brown sugar optional
- 1 handful Fresh coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a 1 - 2 minutes until golden. Add the tomatoes and continue to sauté for another 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add in the warm vegetable stock and Bring to simmer for about 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat add the gin and process with a hand blender to a smooth purée.
- Pass it through a sieve and add the cream or crème fraiche and seasoning. Add a pinch of brown sugar if too sour.
- Serve immediately.