Tastiest Cocktail sauce
How many times has this dish reinvented itself and each time it comes back stronger than ever. There is something about it that always draws my mind to it on a menu and as much as I try I just can’t resist. This is my twist on the classic dish.
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 30 ml brandy
- 100 ml double cream whipped
- ½ lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
To serve ;
- ½ small iceberg lettuce Finely shredded, optional
- 40 g spinach leaves
- 12 king prawns cooked
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup together. Stir in the tabasco and brand, mixing until well combined. Check the seasoning and adjust the flavour to taste.
- In a second bowl, whisk the cream until lightly whipped.
- Fold the cream into the sauce until fully combined.
- Check again the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- Keep aside until required.
- I like to serve the sauce over the prawns for Christmas either in a glass with some iceberg lettuce or on a slice of fresh bread with some salad leaves.
- Spoon then the cocktail sauce at the last minute over the prawns and enjoy with a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!