Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with a Cashew Chilli Crush
- 500 g fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 80 g butter melted
- 50 g sourdough bread cut into 2cm pieces
- 50 g Rivesci Cashew Chilli Crush
- 50 g dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and simmer for 5 minutes Using a slotted spoon, transfer Brussels sprouts to a bowl of ice water, this is to stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, Heat the butter in a large sauté or wok pan over a low/medium heat. Add the bread, garlic, shallot and dried cranberries and cook shaking the pan frequently to colour and caramelise the bread. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked brussels sprouts and 2 tbsp of Rivesci Cashew Crunch. Check the seasoning and pan fry for a further minute or 2 until slightly coloured. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a platter and serve immediately.
Add some streaky bacon to bring an extra layer of flavour!