If this is death by chocolate, then happy days! This dessert is best to be served in a small portion!
- 200 g butter melted
- 75 g milk or dark chocolate
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 250 ml cream
- 40 g icing sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- Berry compote and winter berries
- Line a 2lb/900g loaf tin with a double of cling film.
- Melt the butter with the chocolate in a bowl set over a Bain-Marie. Remove from the heat and combine with the cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Gently whip the cream with the icing sugar and retain in the fridge until required
- Then, Whisk egg yolks and sugar with a whisk until the mixture holds the figure of eight.
- Fold in melted butter mixture into the egg mixture. Gently fold into the cream.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and drizzle the melted white chocolate over. Allow to set for up 2 hours or preferably overnight. Serve with berry compote and berries.