Grilled Striploin With Chimichuri Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80 g or small bunch parsley roughly chopped
- 40 g or half bunch oregano roughly chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- ½ red chilli chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 thick Striploin
- 70 g butter
- Salt and pepper
- First, place the garlic, parsley, oregano, shallot, salt and pepper into a pestle and mortar or food processor and crush to a coarsed texture. Add the chilli, olive oil, lime juice and red vine vinegar and toss once more to combine. It should be a coarse texture. Keep aside covered until needed.
- Preheat the charcoal barbecue to medium heat. Once the charcoal ashes turns white, Oil the barbecue ridge. Brush the steaks with a little oil on both sides and season with some salt and pepper. Add the steaks, do not move for at least 2 minutes or until the edges are caramelised. Turn the steaks over and cook for a further 3 minutes for rare. Start to brush the steaks with the butter and conitune to cook a further 2 -3 minutes brushing both sides. t. Remove from the barbecue onto a serving board and leave aside for a minute or so to rest.
- Carve each steak and drizzle the chimichurri over.