Bratwurst and Savoy Baguette
- 6 Bratwursts sausages
- 200 g bacon finely diced
- 200 g savoy cabbage shredded
- 100 ml pale ale or white wine
- 6 baguettes
- 12 tbsp simple tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp wholegrain mayonnaise sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the barbecue to medium.
- Place the bratwursts over indirect heat and cook according to pack instructions.
- In the meantime, sauté the bacon in a pan for 1 – 2 minutes until caramelised, then add the shredded cabbage and a drizzle of the beer/wine and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes until the cabbage has softened but retains a slight crunch. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Transfer into a serving dish.
- Once the sausages are cooked, warm the baguettes and drizzle some fresh tomatoes sauceand mustard mayonnaise on the base. Add the bratwursts sausages and some bacon and cabbage. Enjoy immediately!