Creamy Nduja Tomahawk Bacon steaks
- 2 Tomahawk bacon steaks or pork chop ( we used SuperValu Signature Taste Bacon steaks)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion sliced or 4 shallots
- 2 carrots sliced
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 50 g Nduja sausage chopped
- 200 ml white wine we used Kevin Dundon Signature Chef Sauvignon blanc wine
- 300 ml single cream
- Salt and pepper
- To serve
- Sautéed potatoes ( optional)
- Preheat a sauté pan to medium heat.
- Add the bacon chops and sear for 5 minutes to colour on both sides.
- Add the onions, carrots, garlic, nduja, herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes stirring , and add the white wine and cream.
- Simmer for a further 8-12 minutes or so until the chops are fully cooked and the sauce is reduced a coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and check the seasoning.
- serve immediately.