Dutch Baby Pancake
a great way to treat your family to pancakes!
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 milk
- 130 g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g butter
- 1 lemon quartered
- Caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C. Place two 20 cm cast iron pan in the oven to pre heat while getting ready.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, caster sugar until light and fluffy. Pour in the vanilla extract and milk and which in the sieved flour until just combined. If the mixture is lumpy, with a hand blender, pulse to remove any lumps and pass through a fine sieve.
- Set aside to rest for 10-15 minutes to settle the batter.
- Once the pan is hot, remove from the oven and add the butter to melt in both pans, moving the pans around for the butter to coat all around.
- Pour half of the batter into the first pan and the rest in the second and quickly place back in the oven.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes depending on size until the Dutch baby is puffed and golden brown. If you prefer a softer texture bake it for 18-20 minutes and for a crispier result 23-25 minutes!
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with a drizzle of lemon and sprinkle of caster sugar.