Coconut Crispy Prawns
Depending on the size of the king prawns or gambas you can source plan 3-6 prawns per person! This recipe will work well with firm tofu for vegetarians.
For The Prawns
- 4 tbsp. plain flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 50 g panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 12-15 king prawns peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
For The Dipping Sauce
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise or crème fraiche
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 1 tbsp. Thai sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 200˚C.
- In a shallow bowl, season flour with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs and coconut. Place eggs in a third bowl.
- Working with one hand, dip prawns in flour, then eggs, then coconut mixture.
- Place prawns in the basket of the air fryer. Cook for 8-12 minutes, until the prawns are golden and cooked through. Work in batches if necessary.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and chilli sauce.
- Serve the coconut crispy prawns with the dipping sauce and crispy cauliflowers florets.