Learn more with my online course at https://kevindundon.com/course/around-the-world-curries/: Madras Curry
Madras Lamb Curry
learn more at https://kevindundon.com/course/around-the-world-curries/
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger peeled
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
- 2 tbsp. madras spice paste you can you spices dry mix or make your own mixes of spices if prefered
- 500 g shoulder lamb diced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes tinned
- Salt and pepper
To serve ;
- Handful coriander chopped
- sides Roti, naan and mango chutney and lime wedges, rice,
- In a food processor, blend onion, garlic cloves, ginger and red chilli to a puree.
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and add the lamb pieces. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes until coloured. remove the lamb pieces from the pan if desired.
- Then, in the pan, add the vegetable puree. Fry for 30 seconds, until softened.
- Add in the spice mix and stir well. Cook for a couple of seconds, then add the seared lamb pieces back into the pan. Stir and toss in the spice mixture.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, along with seasoning. Cover and cook on a low heat for 1.30minutes to 2 hours minutes, until the lamb is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Check the seasoning. And stir through some fresh coriander.
- Serve with your favourite side and a big dollop of mango chutney.