- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 g honey
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Line a deep baking tray with parchment paper. Put the caster sugar and honey into a large saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and gently melt the mixture. Once completely melted, turn up the heat to medium and cook until the temperature reaches 150˚C (minimum of 145˚C) using a digital thermometer will give you a more accurate result, it will be a lovely golden colour.
- As quickly as you can take the pan off the heat and remove the thermometer. Be careful you don't want to burn yourself with hot caramel. Sprinkle over the bicarbonate of soda and whisk in – the mixture will froth up a lot. Take care whilst whisking as the caramel will be very hot and bubbling.
- Pour the liquid honeycomb into the lined baking tray and leave to cool until it is set firm
- Once set hard, break into pieces and store in a airtight container for about a month!
It is best to use a digital or candy thermometer!