Christmas Apple Crumble
- 100 g butter diced (25g +75g)
- 25 g brown sugar
- 2-4 apples peeled and cored
- 2 tbsp mincemeat
- 75 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g porridge oats
- 75 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp mixed spices
- 200 ml whipped cream or custard to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a saucepan, melt 25g of butter with 25g brown sugar until bubbly and starting to caramelise. Add the chopped apple pieces and mincemeat and stir once to coat in the caramelised mixture.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes to colour and slightly soften the fruits. Remove from the heat and transfer in a oven dish.
- Then, In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, porridge oats, caster sugar and mixed seeds. Rub in the rest of the butter (75g) until soft and crumbly. Scatter the mixture over the fruits.
- Bake in the oven 35-45 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.