- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 onion cut into slices
- 2 carrots sliced
- 5-6 chestnut mushrooms quartered
- 2 cm fresh ginger sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 green chilli sliced
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder or more if desired
- 400 g tin tomatoes chopped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 g tinned red kidney beans drained
- 200 g ham leftovers diced, add some turkey if you have leftover too
- Salt and pepper
- in a large frying pan over a medium heat, drizzle the oils and add the onion.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Add in the ginger, chilli, carrots , mushroom, and sprouts if using.
- Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tin of tomatoes and the coconut milk, kidney beans and ham and mix well. Simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes until all warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and check the seasoning.
- Serve with your favourite sides.