- 100 ml water
- 100 g brown sugar
- 250 g blackcurrants
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ clementine zest or juice or half an orange
- In a saucepan, place the water, blackcurrant, lemon juice and a little of the clementine zest.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the berries are all broken down into a puree texture. Crush with a spoon if needed. Remove from the heat, Pour the mixture through a moulin set with a fine mesh or a fine sieve. Press with the spoon to extract as much as possible of liquid.
- Check the sharpness and add extra lemon juice if needed or dissolve extra sugar if too sharp. Set aside to cool.
- Store in a jug in the fridge for about 2 months or so.
- Serve diluted with cool water or freeze into ice cubes and serve from frozen into water bottle for school or work!.