Creamy bacon and red pesto pasta
- 300 g pasta we used spiralis SuperValu Signature taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200 g smoked bacon cut into strips
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 150 g button mushroom quartered
- 1 tsp mushroom powder we used cep powder
- 4 tsp red pesto we used SuperValu signature taste
- 200 ml cream
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on pack.
- Whilst it is cooking, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the bacon, onion, leek, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes until coloured.
- Sprinkle some mushroom powder if using.
- Then, add the red pesto, and cream. Continue simmering for a further 2 minutes or so until coating the back of the spoon.
- Drain the pasta and toss the mixture with the pasta.
- Check for seasoning .
- Divide between 4 serving bowls and enjoy while piping hot!