- 300 g short crust Pastry
- 225 g fine white breadcrumbs
- 1 orange Zest and juice of
- 454 g honey or Golden syrup
- 2 tbsp. treacle optional
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Grease a 8- 10inch tart tin. Roll the pastry on a floured dusted surface to about 2 -3 mm thick and line the tart tin. Ensure the pastry is fitted to the case, then trim any excess pastry. Return to the fridge for a further 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, over a low heat gently melt the golden syrup, treacle in a medium sauce pan until just softened.
- Add in the lemon zest, ginger and fine white breadcrumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled pastry case and bake for 30-35 minutes until just set and soft to the touch. Remove from the oven and dust generously with icing sugar.
- Serve warm with cream.