Quick Tomato Pesto and Ham Pasta
- 400 g fettuccini pasta or other Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 smoked garlic cloves chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato pesto
- 200 g ham chopped
- 50 g parmesan
- 25 g butter cold and diced
- Place a large saucepan of salted water to boil over high heat. Add the pasta and simmer for 10 minutes or follow the package instruction. Drain and keep warm aside with a little of the cooking liquid.
- In the meantime, in a sauté pan, over medium heat, add the oil and the garlic. Sauté for 10 seconds then add the ham and some tomato pesto. Stir and cook for a further minute or until the ham is warmed. Add 50 ml of cooking liquid or water as an alternative. Stir.
- Add the cooked pasta to the mixture and coat the pasta with the pesto sauce. add the rest of the pesto, Sprinkle some parmesan if desired and check the seasoning. swirl some cold butter if desired to add flavour
- Serve immediately and enjoy while piping hot .