The perfect fried eggs
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 25 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice brown bread
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 20 g salad leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Drizzle 4 tbsp. Oil and the butter, crack the eggs in the pan.
- Season well and cook for 2 minutes until the white are set and the egg yolk is still runny. Add the butter and let the butter baste the eggs for a further 2 minutes or so until the eggs are cooked to your liking. If you like the eggs been fully cooked, cover with a lid to allow the egg yolk for a fully cooked egg yolk.
- Toast the brown bread and butter. add a thin layer of mustard and top with the eggs.
- Serve with some salad leaves.