Slow cooked Chicken Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 100 g chorizo or nduja diced
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 butternut squash diced
- 1 tin chopped tomato
- 1 tin mixed bean
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in large sauté pan over moderate heat.
- Add the chicken pieces sauté skin side for 2-3 minutes until well coloured.
- Season well. Add the chorizo, onion, garlic, squash. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just coloured too.
- Add the tomato passata, beans, chicken stock if using. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer with a lid for 30 minutes until cooked through over low heat or transfer all in the slow cooker and cook over low setting for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Check the seasoning and serve immediately.