Toulouse sausage casserole
is it a soup or a stew or a casserole? all Iknow is it is delicious and perfect for cold days!
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 200 g mushroom quartered
- 100 g smoked bacon lardon
- 4 Toulouse sausages cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tin tomatoes diced 400g
- 400 g haricot beans tinned or similar
- 2 potatoes cut into dices – waxy potato are best for this recipe
- 800 ml water or stock
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and drizzle some oil. Add the carrots, onions, garlic, mushroom, and bacon and sauté for 2 minutes to colour.
- Add the toulouse sausages, the haricot beans, diced tomatoes and cover with water or stock. Add the potatoes too if using.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes until the sausages and vegetables are fully cooked .