Roasted courgettes with feta cheese
You can serve this recipe as a side dish or as a light vegetarian lunch or added with some extra chickpeas, chorizo or chicken for adding proteins!
- 2 courgettes or 1 large courgette, halved
- 4 tbsp oregano and rosemary or other
- 100 g butter melted, or olive oil
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 200 g Meadowfield goat feta cheese crumbled into large chunks
- 100 g salad leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the wood oven or your oven to 200-240 °C.
- Half the courgette and score the flesh. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 -20 minutes or so until coloured and the flesh have softened.
- Remove from the heat and add some butter, lemon jucie and zest. Place back in the oven and roast for a further 5-8 minutes until the butter is crispy.
- Remove from the oven. Place the courgette on a platter. top with some crumbled feta over.
- Serve warm with sliced fresh tomatoes and fresh summer salad leaves and some sourdough bread.
- or alternatively, blend the courgette into a courgette ‘houmous’ with extra olive oil and some fresh garlic cloves and serve as a houmous dip.