Spaghetti with Lentils sauce
You can add 200g of good quality minced beef or pork if you start on a plant base diet!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 800 g or 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 g red lentils
- 300 g wholemeal spaghetti
- 100 g feta crumbled (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and cook over low heat for 2 -3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes and white wine. Bring to the boil and add the lentils and season with salt and black pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until lentils soften.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water according to packet instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss with the lentil sauce.
- Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with feta and fresh parsley.