Courgette & Almond Soup
This is a wonderful combination that is a great option for a dinner party, a very simple, a winner all round.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 Onions thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2-3 courgettes cut into chunks
- ½ tin cannellini beans or other bean such as chickpeas
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g blanched almonds or pine nuts
- 25 g butter optional
- Salt and white pepper
- Handful Chives chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté gently for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for a further minute.
- Stir the courgette and cannellini beans into the mixture, then reduce the heat, cover the pan and allow the vegetables to cook for 5 minutes.
- In a second saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
- Pour the boiling stock over the courgette mixture, Add the almonds. Cover with a lid and bring back to the boil. season with sea salt and white pepper, then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and blend to a smooth consistency using a hand blender or a food processor. Add the butter and check the seasoning.
- Serve immediately.