Feta And Seasonal Vegetables Salad
The feta as part of a flexitarian diet can be removed or kept depending on your level of commitment! Use cashew cheese instead of feta to make it vegan.
- 100 g radishes
- 1 raw beetroot spiralized
- 2 banana shallots sliced
- ½ cucumber sliced
- 4 young carrots peeled into ribbons
- 12 asparagus tips blanched
- 100 g salad leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g feta cheese or other.
- Pickles vegetables to serve
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the cashews, 80ml water, lemon juice, coconut oil, tahini, carrot, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast and garlic powder in the blender and blend until very smooth. Leave the mix in the blender and set aside.
- In a saucepan, pour the rest of the water and dissolve the agar with a whisk. Leave for 2 minutes to bloom. Then, bring to simmer just about 90˚C maximum, stirring so it doesn’t clog or stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the food processor with the cashew mix. Pulse to combine together.
- Pour into a tin set with cling film to set and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Next, In a bowl, combine the radishes, spiralized beetroot, cucumber, banana shallots, blanched asparagus, carrots ribbons and salad leaves season with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss to combine and add the cashew cheese.
- Serve immediately with pickled vegetables