Tiger Prawns with a Mango Dressing
I simply love tiger prawns. They have a very delicate flavour, whilst having a great meaty texture. I love the combination of mango with them which makes for a delicious light summer starter!
- 16 tiger prawns
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Juice of ½ lime
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1 Mango large
- ½ red chilli
- 12 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon coriander chopped
- ½ lime Juice of
- 2 olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by preparing the mango salsa.
- Choose a mango that is not too soft. An over ripe mango will lead for a very soggy salsa. Dice the mango into small cubes about ½ cm cubed. Put them in a small bowl with the chopped spring onions and coriander.
- Finely dice the red chilli and add this to the salsa as well. Make sure you dice the chilli very finely as large chunks of chilli are unpleasant in the salsa.
- Next pour in the olive oil and the lime juice and season lightly, as required, and store in the fridge until required.
- Preheat the grill on a barbecue or on a griddle pan.
- Brush the slices of bread with a little oil and toast on the barbecue or the griddle pan.
- Place the tiger prawns in a large bowl and sprinkle with the lime juice and a little black pepper. and place the prawns on the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the barbecue or griddle pan and serve on top of a piece of toasted bread with a spoon of the mango salsa.