Seared sausage and Potato Gnocchi
Been so close to Italy, here my twist using those tasty local produces.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 flavoured sausages you can use any kind of sausages
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 110 ml white wine or champagne
- 1 cos lettuce chopped, or parsley
- 250 g potato gnocchi ready to use
- 4 tbsp parmesan grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat. Slice the sausages into pieces.
- Drizzle some oil and add the slices of sausages. Sear for 3-4 minutes then add the onions, mushroom, and sear for 3-5 minutes until coloured on all sides.
- Add the tomato and deglaze with white wine. Simmer for a further 5-8 minutes until the sausages are cooked through. Add the cos lettuce and check the seasoning.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan, bring some salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi and simmer for 2-4 minutes according to package instruction. Once the gnocchi start to float, they are ready to be lifted. Season well.
- Add the gnocchi to the sausage sauté pan and toss to coat the gnocchi in the mixture.
- Add the parmesan shavings.
- Toss, check the seasoning and serve while piping hot.