red wine Onion Gravy - Aga
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 onions thinly sliced
- 1 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 200 ml red wine
- Heat a saucepan with some oil on the boiling stovetop.
- add a little oil and the sliced onions, garlic and herbs. Allow cooking for 5-8 minutes until caramelised.
- Gradually add the red wine and stock at this stage and allow it to come to a boil. Simmer gently for 3 - 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the corn flour and some water. Stir it in the onion mixture and bring it to simmer to help thickens the sauce.
- Serve the sauce over the desired dish and enjoy immediately.