Potato Bread Bap
Mashed potato gives them both their soft texture and hold of the freshness for a few days.
- 100 g water water in which the potatoes were boiled, if possible
- 70 ml milk
- 60 g caster sugar
- 15 g dry active yeast or 30g fresh yeast
- 500 g plain flour
- 10 g salt
- 200 g unseasoned mashed potatoes cold
- 2 large eggs
- 90 g butter at room temperature
- 1 egg wash made of 1 egg yolk with 1 tbsp. milk
- Firstly, to prepare the dough. Pour the water, milk, caster sugar into a bowl and stir in the yeast until combined.
- In a second bowl, Sieve in the flour and salt. Create a well and in the centre, add the mash potatoes, eggs and softened butter. Pour the milk mixture over and combine the dough until it comes away from the sides of the bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel or cling film and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and shape as 12 large balls or a loaf shape.
- Transfer on a greased baking tray. Set aside for 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 160˚C/325˚F.
- Gently brush with some egg wash and bake for 25-35 minutes depending on size. Remove from the oven and Allow to stand for 10 minutes on a rack before serving.
- Enjoy fresh or toasted!