Parmesan eggs with confit onion
Add some diced cooked potatoes and a tbsp of whole grain mustard to add flavour, and why not some smoked trout or bacon for a supercharger brunch idea
- 4 onions finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 eggs
- 120 g parmesan grated
- 50 g kale leaves chopped, optional, use spinach as an alternative.
- Salt and pepper
- To serve
- Fresh bread
- Over medium / low heat, melt the butter. add the onions, garlic and Sauté for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes, until the onions reach a caramelised and confit texture.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- At this stage, add the eggs in the sauté pan and sprinkle half of the parmesan over. Place a lid over the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your liking or transfer the pan in a preheated grill oven on high to roast for 3-4 minutes and colour the eggs and parmesan.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle some chopped kale or spinach over.
- Serve immediately with some fresh bread.