It is a little of unconventional pastry method but you will be happy with the results! We use this pastry in our kitchen for the last few years and to make a nice sweet and crunchy pastries.
- 150 g icing sugar
- 250 g butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 500 g Plain Flour
- In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer, beat together the butter and icing sugar until creamy, combine to it the egg. ( it will be a little split looking but don’t panic.)
- On a work surface or a large bowl sieve the flour and make a well. Add the butter and egg mixture in the well and start to combine the flour with the mixture to form pastry dough. Shape in a rectangular shape and wrap in Clingfilm.
- Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll on a well floured surface, and when lined set in the fridge for 20 minutes before using as required in the recipe.
- Store for 3 - 5 days, or freeze for 2 months.