Pan-Seared Peaches with Mascarpone
Peaches are not only great fresh, they’re fantastic for cooking sweet & savoury dishes too
- cast iron pan
- 4 Peaches Ripe
- 50 g Muscavado Sugar
- 20 g Butter
- 50 ml Orange Juice
- 1 Vanilla Pod Optional
- Mascarpone optional
- Begin by placing the pan on the heated barbecue. Add sugar, butter and orange juice and allow to caramelise.
- Halve the peaches and remove stone, and split the vanilla pod lengthways.
- Add the peaches and vanilla pod to the caramelized juices.
- Don’t be afraid to use the pan on the barbecue as if you were using a stove, baste peaches well in the pan juices for 6 – 8 minutes until softened.
- Remove carefully from barbecue and serve immediately with a generous scoop of Mascarpone.