- 2-3 onions thinly sliced
- 75 g plain or gram flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 25 ml water
- In a bowl, combine the flour and spices and add some enough water until a thick batter is achieved.
- Add the sliced onions into the batter and stir to combine. Add extra flour if the mixture is too thin.
- Next, warm up some oil in a shallow pan or preheat a deep fat fryer to 180˚C ( you can use Air fryers for this recipe but the timing will vary depending on the model!)
- Using a tablespoon, drop the batter into the oil. Frying only a few onion bhaji at a time. Gently flip the pakoras while frying so that they cook evenly from all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bhaji from the fryer or the pan and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Season well and serve immediately.