Nacho smashed Burger warp
The tortilla replaces here the traditional brioche burger bun, and crisps up to become similar to nachos crisps. The added bonus is the smashed burger and combining the sauces and vegetables to create a delicious dinner idea. For a richer dish, prepare a nacho cheese sauce instead of burger sauce!
- 550 g minced beef
- 50 g parmesan grated
- 4 tortilla wraps I used 6-inch diameter wraps
- 200 g cheddar grated
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 pickled gherkins slices or pickled jalapenos chilli
- 1 tomato sliced
- 8 tbsp burger sauce or nacho sauce
- 80 g salad leaves
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the minced beef with parmesan and some seasoning. Divide the mixture into 4 x 150g balls and place in the fridge to set for 20-30 minutes minimum.
- Once ready to serve, warm up two 8inch sauté pan, over medium/high heat for one pan and low heat for the second pan.
- Place one burger ball at a time for ease on the high heat warming sauté pan.
- Place a tortilla over and press using a burger press or a clean pan to flatten the burger to fit the tortilla. Cook for 2 minutes until the meat is cooked through. Flip and transfer over the low-heat pan, and sprinkle generously over some grated cheese. Cover with a lid to help melt the cheese for a minute or so. Add then the tomato slices, pickled gherkins or jalapenos, and burger sauce.
- With a spatula, fold over halfway through. Once, the cheese is warm enough, remove it from the heat and add some salad leaves. During the cooking process, cook the successive three beef burger balls following the same process.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.