- 2 eggs separated
- 60 g caster sugar
- 100 ml milk
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 50 ml brandy or whisky
- 50 ml dark rum
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg ground or freshly grated (fresh is best)
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs yolks and sugar until pale and very frothy.
- Add in a little nutmeg. Add the milk then fold in the whipped cream.
- Finally, beat in the rum and brandy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, fold into the eggnog mixture ensuring it is fully incorporated in the liquid.
- Give your arms a break from all that beating by putting the eggnog in the fridge to chill for 1 or 2 hours or serve immediately over crushed ice.
- Serve cold.