Honey Glazed Carrots
This is my version of Vichy-style carrots. When cooking, make sure you shake the pan occasionally to prevent the bottom catching and the glaze caramelizing. I find that they reheat very well so can be made well in advance. Just popped in a pan until warmed through.
- 450 g baby carrots halves
- 25 g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 300 ml vegetable stock or water Vichy water for the purist!
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the carrots in a single layer in a wide saucepan with the butter, honey, garlic clove, rosemary and enough stock or water to just cover the carrots. Season to taste.
- Cover with a cartouche or a lid and bring to the boil, then cook over a moderate to high heat for about 12 minutes until the carrots are tender and all of the liquid has evaporated, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to keep warm until needed. Alternatively, set aside to cool and keep refrigerated for 2 days in a tight container.