Dried Cranberries Scones
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 1 clementine zest
- 450 g plain flour
- 1-2 generous teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g Irish butter diced
- 1 egg
- 120 ml buttermilk or half cream and milk
- 1 egg wash
- Fresh butter to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C / 300˚F.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the caster sugar and Rub in the butter with your fingertips.
- Add the cranberries and clementine zest.
- Add the egg and the buttermilk and mix to a soft dough.
- If the mixture is too wet & loose at this stage add in a little extra flour.
- Transfer the mixture to a floured surface and flatten it out to about 3cm in depth.
- Using a 4-5cm scone cutter or a glass cut out some shapes and transfer them to a lined baking tray.
- Brush the egg wash over the top of the scone. Bake for 25-30minutes.
- Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve the scones with butter and freshly whipped cream.