- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 800 g minced beef or lamb
- 1 potato Grated
- 1 tbsp. yellow curry paste or spice
- 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 2-3 tbsp. tomato chutney
- 75 g sultanas
- 1 apple grated – optional
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onions and garlic. Fry for 2 – 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the minced and continue to pan fry over a medium heat until browned.
- Add the grated potato, curry paste, tomatoes chutney, turmeric, sultanas, apple and lemon to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium to low heat. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a casserole or oven safe dish.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Then, Mix the eggs with the milk and add seasoning and remove the casserole from the oven.
- Pour the egg custard on top of the meat and roast for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm.