Double Chocolate Tart
This is a perfect dessert for any occasion, you can add your favourite liqueur or nuts to the tart. Add a layer of raspberry jam before pouring the chocolate glaze for extra texture or a shot of whisky or baileys in the filling all delicious!
- 200 g Sweet Pastry blind-baked
- 250 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 150 g dark chocolate chopped
- 140 g milk chocolate chopped
- 2 egg
- 90 g dark chocolate finely chopped
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp. salted caramel sauce
- 1 tbsp. Irish whisky optional
To serve ; optional
- 100 g cookies
- 100 g raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 140˚C.
- In saucepan, pour the cream and milk for the filling and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate until smooth. Add the egg when the mixture has slightly cooled.
- Pour the chocolate mixture in the precooked tart base.
- Place in the oven and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes maximum until the chocolate mixture is just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The mixture will harden when cooling.
- Next, prepare the chocolate glaze. Place the cream, salted caramel sauce in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove the cream from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and stir to combine until smooth.
- Carefully pour the glaze over the baked chocolate tart and set aside to cool.
- Decorate with crushed cookies and raspberries.
- When ready to serve, take the tart out of the fridge for 30 minutes to let the tart come to room temperature.
- Serve with extra cookies and whipped cream.