Bacon and potatoes Pie
- 1 onions chopped
- 200 g bacon chopped
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 600 g fingerling potatoes sliced, or other waxy potatoes
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 ml milk
- 250 ml cream
- 200 g puff pastry rolled
- 50 g parmesan grated
- 1 egg wash made with 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tsp milk
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a saucepan, drizzle some oil and sauté the onion with the bacon for 2-3 minutes until coloured. add the garlic, thyme, potatoes and some salt and pepper and pour in the white wine, milk and cream.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the potato have softened and cooked.
- Remove from the heat, add some parmesan and check the seasoning. Pour the potato mixture into your pie dish then set aside to cool for a while.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry and cut out a circle to fit wider than the top of your pie dish.
- Brush egg wash the pastry, then cover with the pastry. Press to secure it, then brush with more egg wash.
- sprinkle the rest of the parmesan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the pastry is light and golden.
- Enjoy while warm.
Use leftover boiled potato