Curried Vegetable lentil and Barley Dhal
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 400 g chestnut mushroom chopped
- 100 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 g green lentils
- 100 g barley
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1-2 tsp curry powder or to taste
- 2 sprig thyme
- 600 ml veg stock
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over high heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, garlic, mushroom, and sauté for 3–5 minutes until the vegetables are just beginning to colour.
- Stir the lentils and barley into the pan. Add the tomato puree, curry powder, thyme and the stock and bring to simmer with a lid on for 15-20 minutes or until completely tender.
- Serve immediately with some coriander leaves.