- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400 g chicken filet diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 green chilli or jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice zest
- 2-4 soft tortillas warmed
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 50 g grated cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- Salt and pepper
- First, prepare the spice mix. In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, ground coriander, ground cumin, dried oregano, salt and chilli powder. Stir and set aside.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil and add the chicken pieces and sprinkle with the spice mix. Cook stirring for 4-6 minutes depending on the size of the dices.
- Then, add the peppers, chilli, onions, garlic. Continue to sauté for 2-3 minutes until just cooked through and the vegetables are just softened.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle over the lime and check the seasoning for spices, salt and pepper.
- Serve in warm tortillas with a spoon full of sour cream on the tortilla, some diced tomato, grated cheese and fresh coriander leaves. Enjoying while hot.
Butterfly the chicken if using a filet and grill on the barbecue on a sunny day! Assured to be a tasty and quick meal everytime.