Cheesy Potato Gratin
Add some mature grated cheese instead of parmesan as an alternative. cover loosely with a tin foil if the top colour too fast!
- 4-6 potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 300 ml cream
- 200 g Emmenthal or other cheeses
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 160°C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices and crush the garlic and toss if desired in a bowl with some salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potato in layers in a baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese and pour over the cream and extra seasoning.
- cover loosely with tin foil and Place in the oven for at least 90-100 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and softened when pierced with a knife.
- Remove from the oven and keep warm until ready to serve. Enjoy hot best on the same day.