Cacio e Pepe Pasta
- 400 g spaghetti or fettuccini
- 2 tbsp butter
- 80 g pecorino grated, or parmesan
- black pepper freshly grounded
- 100 - 150 ml pasta water
- 30 ml olive oil optional
- In a saucepan, fill with salted water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook as per package instructions.
- Once nearly ready, In a second saucepan, melt, over medium heat, the butter. add in the black pepper, and stir in enough of the pasta cooking water. remove from the heat and add in the grated cheese and whisk in to create a light sauce.
- When your pasta are cooked, remove from the heat and strain them and add them to your parmesan mixture in the second saucepan.
- Toss to coat the pasta in the sauce and check the seasoning.
- Serve immediately and garnish with olive oil and extra black pepper and pecorino parmesan shavings.
- Enjoy while hot.