Air Fryer Churros
Air Fryer Churros are a great alternative for a delicious treat without the excess oil! A great alternative to If you prefer to fry them traditionally place in a deep fat fryer at 180˚C for 5 minutes.
- Air Fryer
- 120 ml water
- 40 g butter cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 65 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- oil spray
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray some oil.
- In a saucepan, place the water, butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Bring to the boil and immediately add the flour. Remove from the heat and stir the flour until the mixture comes together and a texture of a smooth bowl. Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Beat in the egg until dough comes together and smooth. Fill a large piping and transfer to a large piping bag fitted with a large star-shaped tip. Pipe the churros onto the greased basket, into 6cm lengths and cut end with scissors, leaving about 1/2-inch space between churros.
- Preheat the air fryer at 375˚F /180˚C. Spray some oil over the churros. Depending on the size of your Air Fryer. Air fry on Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- In a shallow bowl, combine caster sugar and cinnamon. Immediately transfer baked churros to the bowl with the sugar mixture and toss to coat. Working in batches.
- Serve warm with chocolate sauce.