Pesto breaded Chicken Tenders
- 2 chicken filets cut into long strips
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 60 ml milk
- 100 g fresh or panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp oil or add some butter
- Slice the chicken breasts into bites size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the pesto with the milk.
- Add the chicken pieces to the mix and sprinkle over the breadcrumb, toss gently to let the breadcrumb stick to the chicken.
- Remove the chicken strips from the mixture onto a parchment paper.
- Over medium/low heat, warm up some oil in a sauté pan and add the chicken pieces.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes turning once or twice until cooked through and coloured.
- Remove from the heat, drain excess oil on a kitchen paper and serve immediately with some salad leaves drizzled with some more pesto!
- Enjoy immediately.
if you want a richer result, melt less oil and add some butter. once melted add the chicken pieces and cook as per the method. it will give you richer flavours!