Meaty midweek creamy broth
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprig thyme
- 200 g mushroom sliced
- 200 g black pudding sliced
- 200 g smoked streaky bacon sliced
- 1 tin chickpeas or mixed beans
- 750 ml white wine
- 250 ml cream
- In a saucepan, drizzle some oil over high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, striing often.
- Add the bacon and black pudding and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Add the tin of chickpeas, vegetable stock and cream.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to simmer for 20-25 minutes until the bacon and vegetables are fully cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and check the seasoning . serve piping hot with some bread