Lemon Curd Pudding
Use lemon, lime or grapefruit – a simple family pudding.
- 60 g butter softened, plus extra for greasing
- 210 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons zest
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 3 eggs separated
- 50 g plain flour
- 200 ml whole milk
- icing sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 160˚C. Place a roasting tray with boiling water in the oven to create a Bain Marie. Grease an 8-inch ceramic dish with butter.
- In a bowl, Combine the soft butter, caster sugar and zest. Beat well until the mixture is light and well combined. Stir in the lemon juice, egg yolks, flour and then the milk to create a batter.
- It will look a little curdled if the butter wasn’t well combined but don’t worry it will be fine.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg whites until firm. Then gently fold into the lemon mixture.
- Pour into the ceramic dish and transfer into the Bain Marie (roasting tray filled with water) in the oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is lightly coloured, set on the top but still softish underneath.
- Remove from the oven. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm within a day.
- It will taste nice cold too, but you cannot warm the pudding back!