Leftover Ham and Cheese toasties
we used a delicious Kylemore farm cheese which is a Swiss style cheese but cheddar will work too!
- 100 g Butter
- 8 thick Slices Batch Bread
- 200 g Mature Cheddar Cheese sliced,
- 200 g leftover Ham sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. truffle pesto we used Donnybrook fair but a normal pesto will work well too
- Heat a large saute pan or a griddle pan to medium / low and melt half of the butter.
- place 4 slices of bread on the saute pan. layer with ham slices and cheese and a little of truffle pesto.
- sandwich with the last slices of bread and cook for 2 -3 minutes on each sides. use a lid to increase the melting of the cheese alternatively, transfer in the oven for 8 minutes until just warm and the cheese should be just starting to be melted.
- remove the toasted sandwiches from the pan on a serving board. Cut each sandwich into halves.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately with some pesto or other Chutney.